The Muslim Youth Leadership Program is an intensive, four-day retreat in Boston which aims to activate young Muslims in Massachusetts in the world of organizing and change-making through centering the themes of advocacy, civic engagement, social justice, and community organizing.
Over the course of four weeks, participants will
- Hone their leadership skills while being given the tools to organize and advocate for their communities
- Begin building a network of other like-minded young Muslim changemakers across Massachusetts
- Gain a deeper understanding of Massachusetts state politics, history, and culture
- Meet lawmakers and improve their networking skills
- Receive applicable and relevant media literacy training
- Be a part of the second cohort of young Muslim changemakers for CAIR Massachusetts
- Must be in or entering high school
- Must have an interest in leadership and changemaking
- Must commit to attending 2 hours a day, three days a week
- Application deadline: July 10th 2020
- Dates: July 13th – August 4th
For Further Questions, Please Contact
Sumaiya Zama, Director of Community Advocacy and Education
*CAIR-MA provides need based financial aid! Contact Sumaiya Zama for more information.